2.03.2013

Weekly Entry, Week 4

I have found that it's probably better to write my blog post little by little throughout the week and save it as a draft, just to more accurately log my thoughts, then post it on Sundays. Sometimes I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night with my schedule being as hectic as it is... This will work best for me...

FETC was fun... I wouldn't say it was worth the money it cost to send me there, but still fun. I think I didn't get as much out of it as I could because I am still finishing up my masters. A lot of the ideas I heard about at the conference are things I am already actively doing in my masters program. I think it would be more beneficial to someone who is not in school and needs to stay up to date with changing technology through some authoritative source.

I have often felt the way Cordell describes in the beginning of his article How to Start Tweeting (and Why You Might Want To)... I don't really know how to get started on Twitter, and I honestly haven't had any interest. I think his tips are great and they could really be effective in a professional setting, but I'm still not sold. I just don't have any interest in being wired to more than I have to be.

I hope I'm not in the wrong profession :P Maybe I'm just in the wrong time period...

Cordell, R. (August 11, 2010). How to start tweeting (and why you might want to). The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved from http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/how-to-start-tweeting-and-why-you-might-want-to/26065